Specialised Contaminant Testing - Dioxins and Persistent Organic Pollutants
Eurofins' very strong position in testing dioxins and Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs) enables the Group to offer its clients a unique combination of advantages to protect their supply chains:
- Exceptionally high sensitivity and precision, safer data and higher quality due to huge investment in R&D over the last decade and very experienced staff.
- Cost-effective expertise in dioxin and POP testing due to the highest throughput in Europe and the resulting economies of scale.
- Ability to guarantee rapid analysis time of less than 5 days.
- Eurofins analyses around 15,000 dioxin samples per year including PCBs (polychlorinated biphenyls) and believes that it is the world market leader in this area.
Broad range of parameters and matrices analysed
The Eurofins Competence Centre on dioxins and other POPs has combined three leading institutes with a team of internationally recognised scientists and technical assistants works on a worldwide scale.
Quality assurance beyond accreditation
All Eurofins dioxin laboratories are accredited according to the criteria of DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025. Important features of the quality of services provided include:
- 15 modern high-resolution mass spectrometry systems
- Use of certified standards and reference materials
- Regular and successful participation in external proficiency tests and inter-laboratory tests
- Active participation in study groups for the development of analysis methods (DIN, CEN)
- Research and own method development
- Advice and support from our specialists with many years of experience
- More than 260 scientific publications and presentations during the last decade
The following list illustrates a selection of substance classes that Eurofins tests:
- Polychlorinated dibenzo(p) dioxins and furans (PCDD/F)
- Polybrominated dibenzo(p) dioxins and furans (PBDD/F)
- Mixed-halogenated = polybrominated/-chlorinated dibenzo(p) dioxins and furans
- Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAH)
- Organotin compounds
- Brominated flame retardants (PBDE, PBB, HBCD, TBBPA)
- Plasticisers, surfactants (phthalates, alkyl phenols, linear alkyl sulfonates (LAS))
- Chloroparaffins (C10-C17)
- Perfluorinated chemicals (PFCs) e.g. PFOA, PFOS
- Chlorobenzenes (PCBz) and chlorophenols (PCPh)
- Polychlorinated biphenyls (PCB incl. WHO-PCB)
Please contact your local Eurofins laboratory for more information about dioxin and POPs testing.