Process Contaminants, Mycotoxin & Biotoxin Testing
Experts in process contaminants
Eurofins Food Testing Australia can provide your organisation with the vital testing support required for your food business. We currently work with clients across practically every section of the food manufacturing industry throughout Australia.
Our expertise in identifying process contaminants for our customers to demonstrate compliance with export markets and international customers is a priority. Process contaminants are undesirable, harmful substances, which are found at trace level in foodstuffs and are not present in food due to a deliberate action, but find their way into food during the manufacturing process or are generated during manufacturing.
Our testing portfolio
Our portfolio of testing for process contaminants with world leading LOQ’s include:
- Mineral Oil Hydrocarbons (MOSH, POSH, MOAH)
- Polyaromatic Hydrocarbons (PAH)
- Chlorate & Perchlorate
- MCPD forming substances
- Ammonium Quaternary Salts (BAC, DDAC)
- Dicyandiamide (DCD)
Supporting quality and food safety in your supply chain with toxin testing
Eurofins’ portfolio covers several hundred substances. Mycotoxins are toxic secondary metabolites produced by fungi and biotoxins or natural plant toxins are secondary metabolic products, formed by plants to protect against herbivores by many plant species worldwide.
Both mycotoxins and biotoxins can show acute or chronic toxic effects towards humans and animals even in low concentrations. Eurofins´ comprehensive risk-orientated mycotoxin and biotoxin testing package includes screening and confirmatory methods for all regulated mycotoxins and biotoxins.
Our competence centres cover a large range of confirmatory and screening methods for all common food and feed matrices including the following substances:
- Regulated mycotoxins
- Aflatoxins B1, B2, G1, G2, M1
- Ochratoxin A (OTA) · Deoxynivalenol (DON)
- Fumonisins B1, B2, B3
- T-2 / HT-2 toxin
- Ergot alkaloids
- Further mycotoxins: Alternaria toxins, Beauvericin, Enniatins A, A1, B, B1, 3- and 15-Acetyldeoxynivalenol, Nivalenol, Masked mycotoxins (DON-3-glycoside), Sterigmatocystin, Moniliformin, Fusarenone X, Fusaric acid, Neosolaniol, Mono- and Diacetoxyscirpenol, Cyclopiazonic acid
- Others Biotoxins: Opium alkaloids (Morphin), Tropane alkaloids, Pyrrolizidine alkaloids
Please contact your local Eurofins laboratory for more information about process contaminant, mycotoxin or biotoxin testing.