Research Veterinarian - Eurofins Animal Health
FULL TIME ROLE – LANE COVE, NSW
We are a multinational veterinary contract research organisation looking for a veterinary science university graduate to join our team in Sydney, NSW.
Eurofins Animal Health services the animal health industry, both in Australia and internationally, specialising in the design, management and execution of veterinary research projects.
Our head office is located in Sydney and our companion animal field station is in Western Sydney. The rural team works out of QLD and rural NSW. We run studies in other Australian states and in New Zealand and you may be expected to travel to assist onsite work on occasion in interstate/NZ studies.
This is an office AND clinical role where you will be expected to lead junior and field staff members and manage multiple projects. You will work closely with the R&D Managers. You must be ready to take the lead on projects and assume responsibility for them, but you will also have the support and cooperation of your colleagues on all projects.
You must be competent with companion animals and have a good understanding of animal husbandry.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare study protocols/study schedules and study plans
- Implement and manage clinical trials
- Collate and review raw study data
- Analyse data, interpret study results, prepare high quality study reports
- Liaise with key external and internal stakeholders (i.e. ethics committees, clients, laboratory staff)
- Recruit, screen and enrol clinical cases based on study criteria
- Conduct field work and site visits to treat and assess the health and welfare of enrolled animals
- You MUST hold a degree in Veterinary Science
- Minimum 5 years’ work experience (post-graduation)
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to multi-task
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You must be able to manage a project - you will be the DRIVER of one or more projects and you will be working with other research associates/assistants to ensure successful study execution
- You must have a high level of attention to detail and accuracy, with regard to study reporting and documentation
Desirable but not essential criteria:
- Animal research industry experience an advantage
- A good working knowledge of GLP and/or GCP
- Experience in scientific writing.
- Experience with both production animals and companion animals is highly desirable
Salary is negotiable and above award and commensurate with relevant experience.
Please forward your CV and a cover letter outlining your experience and availability to SarahGilbert@eurofins.com