OPERATIONS MANAGER FULL TIME ROLE
SYDNEY, NSW, AUSTRALIA
A senior, full time management position is available with Eurofins SCEC.
Eurofins SCEC service the Australian and International veterinary animal health industry. We specialise in the design, management and execution of veterinary research projects in companion and production animals.
Our office is located in Lane Cove and our companion animal field station is in Western Sydney. You will be required to oversee projects and staff at both locations and you will also be required to travel to rural locations for production animal field work requirements.
The Operations Manager (OM) will oversee all roles within Eurofins SCEC and report directly to the Managing Director. The OM will determine project budgets and negotiate with the Sponsor on budgetary matters. Together with the R&D Managers, the OM will be responsible for the execution of new and existing projects, from project design to final study report preparation and submission.
Two R&D Managers report to the OM – one in Companion Animal and one in Large Animal. The R&D Managers and the OM manage the research associates, research assistants, field station staff and associate investigators.
Studies are run to GCP or GLP standards so a working knowledge of these guidelines is essential.
Other duties include (but are not limited to):
- Liaising with MD regarding the study and expected outcomes
- Liaising with sponsor/study monitor throughout the study
- Liaising with ethics committees regarding trial work and ensuring all work is conducted with the relevant ethics approvals in place
- Liaising with laboratory staff and statisticians
- Assisting with/overseeing
- Preparation of protocols and Animal Research Authority applications, final study reports
- Preparation field kits, test products, study materials and veterinary consumables
- Recruitment, training and monitoring of clinics/farmers/households
- Review & analyse raw data, interpret study resultS
On occasion, duties may include:
- Field work at the research station
- Conducting field visits – veterinary clinics, owner’s households, farms, dairies etc
Essential minimal criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or Veterinary Science
- Experience in the animal health pharmaceutical industry
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to multi-task
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A high level of attention to detail and accuracy, with regard to study reporting and documentation
Salary is negotiable and above award and commensurate with relevant experience.
Please forward your CV and a cover letter outlining your experience and availability to Dr Sally Colgan.