Quarantine Glasshouse Facility
Eurofins Agroscience Australia built a state-of-the-art post entry quarantine facility in Toowoomba, Queensland, in 2014. The facility replaced the Queensland government’s quarantine facility for seed and nursery stock imports into Australia.
The facility is equipped with the latest environmental monitoring and control features and has a low environmental footprint, being largely powered by solar energy and having its own, on site, waste treatment plant. With 300 m² of bench space it has the capacity for up to 10,000 plants at a time.
The facility caters for summer and winter cereals and pulses, oilseeds, forage and pastures, as well as all medium risk nursery stock imports including un-rooted, rooted and tissue culture plant material.
The facility is subject to regular inspections from independent QDAFF pathologists and is approved arrangement accredited to class 6.1 for all medium risk nursery stock and also PC2 accredited catering for import of GM material.
Post-entry quarantine and PC2 services include:
- Documentation for importation of seed – this includes conventional and GM seed
- Quarantine grow-out of seed and plant material to pass post entry quarantine periods required by import permit conditions
- Early plant breeding activities such as crossing and sampling in quarantine
- Trait testing such as screening trials, bioassays and tissue testing in quarantine
- Sampling for adventitious presence
- Phytosanitary certificates
For further information contact Ciel Press.